Gregory S. Ellington
Greg Ellington, a native of Athens, Georgia, has been with Hatcher Stubbs since graduating from law school in 1995. Greg is licensed in both Georgia and Alabama. He concentrates his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense, administrative law representing public bodies, business litigation, and consumer class action litigation in State and Federal Courts. Greg’s civil litigation experience includes bench trials, jury trials, and appellate court practice. Published appellate decisions he has participated in include Sommerfield v. Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia, Inc., 509 S.E.2d 100 (1998); Witherspoon v. Aranas, 562 S.E.2d 853 (2002), Bardo v. Liss, 614 S.E.2d 101 (2005), and JMIC Life Insurance Co. v. Toole, 634 S.E.2d 123 (2006) and Resource Life Insurance Co. v. Buckner, 304 Ga.App. 719 (2010).
Greg assisted University of Georgia School of Law Professor Ronald Carlson with the 1993 revision of Trial Handbook for Georgia Lawyers, (2d ed. 1993), Green’s Georgia Law of Evidence (5th ed.), and West Publishing’s Dynamics of Trial Practice (Carlson and Inwinkelried).
Greg is a former Pupil and Barrister of the Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court and is currently a Barrister in the Columbus American Inn of Court. Greg was selected by peers and colleagues for inclusion in the Georgia Rising Stars/Super Lawyerspublication from 2007 to 2009. He is a Past President of the Columbus Bar Association.
Admitted to Practice
- Georgia, 1995
- Alabama, 1996
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
Memberships, Affiliations and Activities
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (Past member of Board of Directors)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Alabama State Bar
- Columbus Inn of Court
- Columbus Bar Association (Past President)
- Columbus Optimist Club (Past President)
- United Way Volunteer
- Board of Directors of the Georgia Legal Services Program